How to slow down your electric meter - Help Miggy


Lines Extracted From a Forum a Post of Miggy Lives in U.S.


I fully expect every derogatory comment anyone wants to shoot off at me....

But in one year our power company has had 4 rate hikes. The one last month was 13%. The others were 11%, 8% and 10%.

I just got my electric bill and you know how it shows the bars related to the previous year?



I used almost 1/4 LESS electricity this past month and my bill is over $100 more.

These are the facts:

1. I am single. I keep my therm at 83 when I'm not here and 78 when I am (not exactly comfortable).

2. I keep all computers, printers, tv's, etc. turned OFF when I'm not using them. Someone recently suggested that's not good enough: You need to actually unplug everything when you're not using them (lamps which aren't turned on, etc) in order to make a significance.

3. I wash two loads of clothes a week (at most) and installed a cute little 1950 clothes pole in my backyard to dry them with clothes-pins.

4. Since I live by myself I don't cook except for maybe twice a month. The rest of the time I eat sandwiches and fruit.

5. In each of my overhead lights I have 2 bulbs instead of the 3 allotted. And they're 60 watt instead of 100.

6. I run the dishwasher (mainly glassware) once every two weeks.

I'm sure there are other things (keeping drapes shut, water heater temp-, fridge temp, etc) that I'm forgetting to tell you but you get the point.

This bill was $383 for a 1500 sq ft house. When Cap and trade kicks in I have no idea what I'll do.

Until now I have lived a very honest life but I'm SICK of this shit!

I went to a swap meet over the weekend and they had this thing you could buy that would reduce your energy bill by 25%-40%. It's called plug and save.

Then I started googling about how years ago people used to put sand bags on their meter to slow the rotation..

Then something about magnets.

I do NOT want to do this but I am paying 50% of my take home to the electric company and it keeps getting worse every 3 months when they have another rate hike.

Does ANYONE know what I can do to reduce my electric meter?

They are RAPING us and there's nothing that appears that we can do anything about it.

I m a VERY frugal person. I don't even have cable TV or a cell phone. But by the time I pay the water, electricity, phone and trash pick up each month I seriously have very little to even buy food and gasoline with. I haven't bought a new piece of clothing or "luxury" item for over 3 years.

This just isn't right.

If anyone could suggest some things I would be truly grateful.

Miggy

(PS I can't keep the windows open at night because someone would break in- not that it matters- it's still 140 degrees here at night anyway)

Please Do Not Help Anyone In Illegal Work But You Can Help Him/Her By Spreading Words. Keep Your Society Pure From Such Kind of Problems. Please All Governments Open Your Eyes and See Whats' Happening Under Your Noses.  Thank You Miggy.

Forum Source: How to Slow Down Your Electric Meter

Comments